Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daiso rocks!

So! This morning I met my sis and her partner for a little dim sum. Shortly thereafter, she ditched her man and we went, with my best friend, to Daiso in Richmond.

If you don't know Daiso - which I hadn't until this morning - it's basically a dollar store full of Japanese household products! Almost everything in the store is $2, unless otherwise marked. It's two floors and I SCOFFED when my sister told me she was in there for over THREE HOURS the last time she was there.....I figured you could never spend more than an hour in a store.

Boy was I wrong! We were in there for over an hour and a half, and we didn't really scratch the surface. And the amount of stuff in there! You name it, it's got it. Dishes and plastic things, and cleaning stuff, bath stuff, toys - even some clothes and more!

I bought a cell phone dangly for my new phone, since I dropped the last phone in a 20 litre pail of paint at work....that's a story for another time. It still hurts.

Here's the pretty dangly:



Also, my sister got me an early birthday present. It's a lovely bento box with chopsticks and a little container that both fit inside an insulated lunch bag. It's so cute! Now I just have to start making some bento-worthy cuisine...hmmmm. I don't know how well that will go over, since I barely am able to throw some leftovers and fruit in my lunch kit at 5:30 in the morning every day - never mind making coffee to keep me going....

Here's the bento box, with two levels and chopsticks in the top. It has a stretchy band to hold it all together.




Here's the bento box again, with the little container in the background:




Here's the insulated lunch bag and the small container. The bag is JUST big enough for both containers and a few pieces of fruit and a couple cookies. :o) Thanks, Sis!!!




Just being in Daiso made me long to go back to Japan....I lived there for nine months and taught English when I was young. It was such an interesting place.

Needless to say, I did NOT get as much done today on the dresser as I had hoped. SIGH! I managed to get it scrubbed and cleaned up, finished stripping and cleaning the last two drawers, and moved it into the garage to dry. I'm terrified it will snow again (like it did today) and get all wet if I leave it outside. Maybe I'll be able to get some more done on Tuesday.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP