Thursday, November 5, 2009

I love sewing!

Strangely enough (or not, if you know me), I met a lady while waiting in line to have some fabric cut at Fabricland. She asked me what I was getting all the fabric for, then when I told her I was making vintage aprons, promptly made a custom order with me!! I finally found the leopard print fabric and called her up. It was a go.

It only goes to show that you SHOULD talk about your business with everyone...you never know who will be interested!

I finished the apron, potholders and oven mitts set today and she came and picked them up...she LOVED them! She might also want a half apron of lighter fabric in the summer.  Here they are:

Apron (with totally cute, new, HUGE pockets!):

custom leopard apron

Custom leopard back

custom leopard pocket

Potholders:

custom leopard potholder

And finally, the oven mitts, which were the very first pair I've ever made!

custom leopard mitts

The really fantastic news is that she was having a dinner party tonight and will wear it and tell all her friends about me, AND she may be interested in a 1950's inspired summer dress, as well....or ANYTHING in leopard. She was SO nice and wonderful to deal with! Plus, she was local and came to get the set right from my house :o)


This makes me realize, once again, that I totally need business cards. She would have taken several. I should get on that! Anyone know of any inexpensive biz card companies??

Soon  will be featuring some of my Metro-Vancouver Etsy Team members here. I've got a list started, already. Keep an eye out for these great artists!

2 comments:

Jennifer December 20, 2009 at 2:14 p.m.  

totally smitten with your blog...

Andie December 20, 2009 at 3:05 p.m.  

Awww! Thanks so much, Jennifer!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP