Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookie Fun

So a week or so ago, we had our annual Cookie Decorating day at my mum's. This is when we take a MOUNTAIN of baked sugar cookies and get funky with sugar...and colors, and sprinkles.

And when I say a MOUNTAIN of sugar cookies, I do mean it:

Many cookies


My mum bakes them all up ahead of time, and also whips up a TON of colored icing bags, and bowls and plates of sprinkles:

Begin


Icing


It's so much fun! My sister's friend has been coming for a few years with her daughter. It's become THEIR tradition, too!

Flooding


Dale


I think everyone loves the creativity, especially my mum...she gets so into it and does a lot of details!

Mum


I like to think of it as cookie art. This year there were no risque cookies....some years there are quite a few, and my mom has to leave them home. Can't give poor office ladies a heart attack!

My mom takes a large portion of the cookies to her work to give to her co-worker's as a Christmas present. Apparently, they bug her for WEEKS prior to the day...they love it so much. They tell the new folks all about it, as well. Highly anticipated. HA

Accidents DO happen...some on purpose (you get hungry decorating for 4 hours):


Badcookie


and some by accident: 

Broken


But in the end, we end up with sheets and sheets of amazing, funny, pretty, cool, silly and wild cookies. I hope you enjoy...even with my less than stellar photo skills (sometimes I should step away from the F1.8...seriously!!)

Cookies5


Cookies6


Cookies4


Cookies3


Cookies2


Cookies

3 comments:

Jessica / Lola Vintage December 21, 2009 at 9:23 p.m.  

looks so fun, what a great idea, I think I'll borrow it! :D

Aprons by MeMe December 22, 2009 at 4:08 a.m.  

Wow, I love to do cookies at Chrstimas, lots of different kinds, but making the sugar cookies, (Mountains of them) and then decorating is such a better idea. Great pictures.

Dhana Musil December 28, 2009 at 11:25 a.m.  

So here you are taking bookshelves apart and baking cookies, introducing me to etsy, life is v cool isn't it. Great cookies, I will post some pics of mine today.
www.dhana.ca/blog
Dhana

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP