Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Inspired

Purple Berries

These were the most violently purple berries I have ever seen and finally had my camera with me...I'm sure my friend's neighbors thought I was loony.

There are several fun and interesting blogs I follow (which you can see in my sidebar) and one in particular - though she often has lots of thoughtful things to say - has recently inspired me to make a list of goals for the New Year. See "The Sometimes Crafter" post here, and you'll probably be inspired, too!

It's important to note that this is a list of goals....not a list of resolutions. Goals are things to accomplish some day, to aspire to, to hopefully complete...resolutions are something most people fail at miserably (me especially), since they are very rigid, and leave no room for non-completion.  But then, maybe that's just how I feel about it.

I hope to do many things in this coming year and years to follow. Here are a few that concern me currently, and many of them are inter-connected:

(note: I originally started them all with "I want to" and then changed it to "I will" and finally to what you see....these are goals, after all. I think that saying "I will" will only make it harder on me if I don't)

1) Continue on with my blog, as often as I am able and possibly more than that!
2) Sew more....
3) and procrastinate less...this one's rather tough for me.
4) List an item a day on my Etsy site. There's some logistics to be figured out in this one.
5) Keep my office/crafting space clutter-free 
6) Take care of my injured knee and help it heal and get stronger.
7) Take exercise and ballet classes once my knee is healed enough.
8) Make my health more important to me...I'm not getting any younger, right??
9) Show my family and friends that I love them even more that I have in the past.
10) Take more photos and read my darn camera manual. And have the camera with me....can't take photos without it. At least that's what I've heard.
11) Spend more time camping and getting out of the house in the summer
12) Be less distracted and finish something before starting another. I'm a goldfish, seriously. Three-second attention span.
13) Craft something, anything, every day...be it photos, blogs, drawing or sewing.
14) Have more patience with my partner's doggie. She's so big and friendly and nice...but she licks. Oh gawd does she ever lick. And she eats cat poop.

Cleo

15) Cuddle my little chihuahua more, because it's so tough being 12" tall.

Pucci is sad

Well, I'm sure there are more, but I'll stop there....for my sanity's sake.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year, and continues to enjoy spending time with family and friends.

1 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage December 30, 2009 at 6:21 p.m.  

LOL! What a hoot!! Too funny about the partner's dog! LOL! My funny bone has been tickled now! LOL! Great post!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP