Saturday, January 2, 2010

Meeting Goals & Organizing!



Well! One of my goals for the New Year is to organize my office/guest room/craft room/closet (seriously, there's a LOT of stuff in here!). I picked up some used, large Ikea shelving units to put all my craft stuff on, and finally have the room ORGANIZED!

OK, OK...there's still ONE small pile of stuff on my sofa bed that needs to be sorted and put away, but that's it! I swear! A friend of mine will be taking a large, blue cabinet that just didn't maximize my storage and is in the way right now, but once that's gone, I'll be done.

Here's the new shelving, holding all my craft supplies and fabric. I've even started labeling everything! We'll be adding another shelf soon - we have to make one, since Ikea doesn't carry these any more. And check out my desk...all cleaned up! You have NO idea how gooey inside this makes me feel! Notice the AWESOME coffee warmer my sister got me for Christmas? It's for warming candles (I think), and it's from Michaels. I've wanted one forever. Oh, and that's my little Puccini peeking out from the chair.

New Shelving!


Here's the sofa bed and the ONE small pile of stuff left to sort. Eventually I'll need another bookshelf, as this one is starting to overflow magazines onto the floor.

Sofa bed and bookshelf.

Here's my sewing area (the pic was totally under exposed, so it's a bit grainy).The plant has no home, yet. I'm thinking of getting a hanging basket. I love plants everywhere, but this is the brightest and unfortunately most crowded room in the house. SIGH.

Sewing area!

This is a (bad) photo of the beastly blue cabinet that will be going soon, that I took last night. I hadn't finished cleaning up last night, so things are still pretty pile-y. I'll have a small wooden shelf here that I can put my laundry basket on and lean my folding table on (that I use for cutting fabric).

Not finished yet

And voila! A neat and tidy work/live space. We'll see how well I'm able to keep it this way....

Bear in mind that this is a 12' x 11' room with a LOT of furniture in it....it has a lot of uses and I spend more time in this one room than anywhere else in the house...even the bedroom! I suppose I would spend more time in the living room if we had cable TV, but I digress...

I wish I had a "before" picture to show you, but I never thought of it...and seriously, it was terrible. It looked like Christmas threw up all over the room. In drifts. I'm sure some of you can imagine it!


What do you think??? I'd love to see some of YOUR spaces...wanna share? ;o)

7 comments:

Aprons by MeMe January 2, 2010 at 3:34 p.m.  

Your new space looks great. Gave me a great idea. I'm in a 150 square foot room that has 100 aprons, computer desk, cutting table, hubby's work table, 2 bookshelfs, and of course a sewing machine. I can't move. My son is moving out of his 400 square foot room in April. I'm gettttttting it!!! Yea. I'll take pictures of my mess now and then the new room when it's done. Can't wait.
Enjoy your new room. Have you thought of anything to do with the leather yet??

Mistress E. January 2, 2010 at 3:35 p.m.  

Perhaps I will share after you've helped me revamp my own space! I'm impressed with how yours looks!

Andie January 2, 2010 at 10:17 p.m.  

Hahaha MeMe! I used to LIVE in a 400 sq foot apartment! That's HUGE! This room is 132 square feet and I've managed to squeeze in 3 bookshelves, a computer desk/hutch, laundry bin, dresser, big blue cabinet, sewing table/machine and a love seat!! LOL Plus my dressform and guitar and all the junk in my closet. We still have some floor space, but not much...especially when I'm sewing LOL

Andie January 2, 2010 at 10:18 p.m.  

Oh, and I've been hoping to make needle books with the leather....now that my sewing machine is fixed ;o) SO happy that Christmas is over!

Jennifer January 3, 2010 at 5:53 a.m.  

hey Andie..loving that apron!!!

Andie January 3, 2010 at 9:54 a.m.  

Hi Jennifer! I'm loving it too...but the fabric is almost canvas-weight, and on a real person it sticks out to the sides too much (too stiff)...I'm going to have to get some bright quilting cottons and try it again ;o)

nomadcraftsetc January 8, 2010 at 5:43 a.m.  

Wow your craft/guest/storage room looks so comfy!
I love how you organized it! Good for you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP